Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009

Instead of telling life stories today, I have decided that I want to celebrate Easter with you today. When I was in my teens, I thought that I had a calling to the ministry, but that was not to be.

Today, I am going to give my first Easter Sermon. I am going to do it with music. I think that the best way to get you to listen.

First I think we should start in prayer.





That was nice. One time my preacher on Easter, didn’t do the normal Easter service, because he knew that this is one Sunday in the year that some people come to church. Well, I don’t have a church, but I am going to tell about my Jesus and my beliefs.
Listen to the first song, “Why me, Lord”. Have you ever asked yourself that question?



Hope I have you attention, because I am going to slap you back down. Well, you can get on your knees and pray and sing to God all that you want, but the next song tells the truth. Don’t try to deny it.



Well, now that we understand each other. I want to listen to Elvis sing “I Believe”. Stop and think. Do you know why you believe. You have to answer that for yourself.



Have you thought lately about Jesus coming back. Would you be ready. What would he look like and would you recognize him. I think the next song will make you think.



Look around you and look for God’s will. I am a grandfather and I love my grandkids with all my heart. But some kids don’t have a home or parents that care. This is for the kids. It’s called the 11th Commandment. Have you helped a child today. WARNING: GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF CHILD ABUSE .



I’m sorry to have to show that to you, but you need to see it. You really can’t know God without it. Stay with me now. Next is a great song about Jesus. The title is funny, but watch the video. You will understand the video if you know Jesus. If you don’t understand the video, email me at mcarlson12@austin.rr.com and I will explain it to you.
Watch closely.



Yeah, Jesus is with us if we are listening to him. But you need the message of the next song if you are not listening.



I am afraid this next song would be true in many churches across America today. So sad. Some people let religion get in the way of Jesus. Hope that doesn’t apply to you or your church.



I am going to follow that one up with another message that might insult you, but just listen. You know that it could be true.




Well, it’s Easter and I have given you a lot. You may or may not agree with me, but this is what I wanted to tell you. Listen to the next video, from the Passion of the Christ. Very moving.



I will close with “All Prayed Up” by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Vince Gill. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.

No comments: