Friday, April 3, 2009

BJ, My Mom's beloved Rat Terrier

I don't plan on making two posts in the same day, but my baby sister Lisa, (She's only 42 as of today) called me this morning and told me that they had to put down my mom's little dog, BJ.

BJ was fourteen years old. He was a great dog. Mom always said that he understood english and always knew what she was talking about. She taught him to sit up, roll over and spin around and other tricks. She would always tell me, he knew when I called and was coming over and he sat around and waited for me.

He developed thyroid problems late in life and gained alot of weight and was fairly lumpy, but still had a great disposition for those that he knew. Mom told me today, that in the past couple of years that he didn't like strangers at all. She said he would poop on the floor if a stranger came. That's funny.

Well, I know Mom will miss him, Lisa is burying him out back. Mom was always great with animals and they loved her. BJ was her favorite.

I am going to miss BJ, because he was always glad to see me.
BJ, 1995 to 2009.

Coming Tomorrow I am going to tell a tale about Papaw Jim that the old ringneck himself, Cecil Perkins told to me today. Everybody likes horse racing stories.

No comments: