Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Remembering Margie on her birthday.

Today, Margie would have been 78 years old. She died in January of 2000 after a courageous battle with colon cancer. I have many many stories to tell about this woman and most of them are good. I loved her very much.

The video that follows, Mother-In-Law by Ernie Doe reminds me of her birthday in 1999. We had just lost her husband in December of 1998. Cliff and Margie were childhood sweethearts and loved each other for all their lives. I know they are together now.

Well, Margie knew that this would be her last birthday. We invited all her friends and had a great time. Many people bought her gag gifts. She wasn't afraid of death at all. I was trying to remember her in some special way. I found my old 45 record of Mother-In-Law.

My sister in law and I lip synced this song for her in front of everybody. We all had a great laugh.

She was a great mother in law. Happy Birthday, Margie.

No comments: