Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Carla Jo

Carla, the love of my life. I knew that I wanted to love that girl forver when I was 10 years old. It just took me awhile to get her to know that. I am reading a book, " The Soul's Code" which helps me understand how a 10 year old can know exactly what he or she wants without understanding why they want it. It's by James Hillman and I would encourage you to read it.

My mom went to high school with Carla's mom and dad. Her mom and dad were high school sweethearts. Carla was one of the most popular girl's in our high school class. I wasn't popular at all. In fact, I hated high school. But I knew even then the type of person that Carla was. She has the most loving soul that I know. She truly loves people and that is why people love her so much. Me, well I took a test on time give by my employer and it came back and said that I had "no empathy" at all. Carla balances me.

I wasn't her first husband, but I will be her last. We have been married for 33 years on April 10. Sometimes you get the fairy tale and get to have that first love for all your life. I am embedding a video by Kenny Chesney, "Never Wanted Nothing More". Watch the video and maybe you can start to understand me. In one place the lyrics say, "I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not and I'm sure happy with what I've got". It don't get any better.

We'll surely talk about Carla more. Have a blessed day.

No comments: